الخميس، 5 يونيو 2014

Do Women Have Any Rights In Islam?




Recommend Article Article Comments 0 Print Article Share this article on Facebook Share this article on Twitter Share this article on Google+ Share this article on Linkedin Share this article on StumbleUpon Share this article on Delicious Share this article on FriendFeed 1 Share this article on Digg Share this article on Reddit Share this article on Pinterest
Expert Author Nina Mohadjer
I know that by saying this many eyebrows will be raised: Islam is a modern religion with the aim of emancipation. Yes, I know, looking at the Burka of Afghan women, looking at the hijab of Iranian women, reading that FGC is mostly done in the Islamic countries of Africa, reading how poorly women in Islamic countries are treated does not really prove my|healthcare professional|personal|my own, personal|search terms|my own , personal|medical professional|published|health care provider|my business|all of my|of my|excellent|my own personal|keyword phrases|a|offered|economical|day-to-day|web page} point. But give me a chance to explain my|healthcare professional|personal|my own, personal|search terms|my own , personal|medical professional|published|health care provider|my business|all of my|of my|excellent|my own personal|keyword phrases|a|offered|economical|day-to-day|web page} point without stopping to read my paper, and I am sure that at the end of this you will understand my|healthcare professional|personal|my own, personal|search terms|my own , personal|medical professional|published|health care provider|my business|all of my|of my|excellent|my own personal|keyword phrases|a|offered|economical|day-to-day|web page} statement.

Since it would be too broad to consider all the Islamic countries, I will concentrate on Iran as a sample and compare it to some other Islamic countries when necessary.
Before the islamization of Persia, Persians were mainly Zoroastrians. Women had numerous rights: right to divorce, right to own real property, right of leadership etc . I could go on and on. The other Middle Eastern countries did not have any of those rights. Women were seen as "birth-machines" for male production only. Now, do not ask me how they imagined future reproduction without girls!

Islam came from Saudi Arabia, a country where girls were buried right after their birth and women who dared to give birth to baby girls were mostly kicked out of their homes, had to see their husbands bringing other women into their homes to finally produce a male child. Women had no right to education, nor to real property and were seen as property of their fathers first and then their husbands. The motto was very simple: Be happy that I allow you to live at all.
When Islam was introduced to Saudi Arabia, the Koran (translated meaning: recitation) became a revolutionary rule-book. Not only did it speak about how to believe in God and how to appreciate nature, but additionally it spoke about family law, about wills and inheritance, and about women.

Many might be surprised to hear that Islam is the first world religion, dedicating one chapter (sure) to women (Sure 4, Nessah). It speaks about giving girls the right to live, and that those parents who buried their baby girls should fear the Judgment Day, since those girls would want to know why they had to die because of their gender. It continues about the woman in the marriage, and it also speaks about divorce. Unlike most other religions, Islam does give women the right of requesting a divorce for numerous reasons (one of them being if the husband does not pay any sexual attention to her).



Here by, Kisah Islami for your enrichment of Islam.

1 التعليقات:

Shreya Shankar يقول...

Nice post! Well written !! I have got the best insights regarding. I look forward to reading many more informative posts similar to this. Thanks for the update.This Blog is interesting and please checkout for more information Netsuite Implementation.

إرسال تعليق